“World’s Best Gluten-Free Beer” is Coming to America

It’s hard to find good gluten-free beer.  Really hard.  While beer’s not my usual beverage of choice for cocktail hour, there are certain occasions, where I find myself thinking, “It would be nice to have a cold beer right now.”  Boating on the Chesapeake Bay, watching football on a Saturday afternoon, or grilling in the backyard.  Mmm, yes.  Beer please. daura

Needless to say, my attention was captured when my friend Brittanny (who’s an expert on all things beer) sent me this Beer News article about Estrella Damm DAURA, which apparently has received the label, “Best Gluten-Free Beer.”  (Of course my first thought was DAURA sounds a lot like Dharma Initiative.)  Produced in Spain, at the Esrella Damm Brewery, DAURA has won this title at the World Beer Awards in 2008 and 2009.

Watch out USA, because DAURA is hitting the shelves in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  What better way to celebrate October: National Celiac Awareness Month by tasting this “new to the USA” tasty adult beverage?

Have a any of you tried DAURA yet?  Thoughts?  Reviews?

Check out this article for more information on DAURA’s arrival: U.S. Beverage Brings Estrella Damm Daura to U.S.

1. Anne Steib says:

I look forward to trying it, thanks!

2. Kerri Hale says:

I had the good fortune of finding the beer in MA. It was excellent!

3. Ashley says:

It definitely tastes the most like “regular” beer than any I’ve tried. I’m a huge fan!

4. Tim says:

FYI, they already have this at Hop City on Marietta Street. Great Stuff!

5. Chili T. says:

I wonder if they’ll have any of this at the tailgate for the LSU vs. Auburn game?!?! :) Not counting on it, but perhaps one of these days it will be!

Is it similar to Redbridge?!

6. SLP says:

I found it at the publix in buckhead- ( chastain Sq) i think it was around 9 dollars for a 4 pack. ugh! thankfully i hate beer :) i was looking for samuel smith’s cider- to no avail!

7. Becky says:

I had 2 at Abattoir on Saturday night. I like it, it’s heartier than Redbridge and, unlike most other gluten-free beers, doesn’t have a funky aftertaste (which I find with Bards and New Grist). It’s $4 at Abattoir.

That’s great news! I love Abbattoir so I’ll have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

9. christan says:

they sell it Your Dekalb Farmers Market and Ale Yeah, too. My fav gluten free beer so far. Ale Yeah has about five different GF choices and they are super nice and helpful. Don’t even go to candler park market and ask about GF beer, I was treated so poorly there.